valentines

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Beginning My Journey

Well two plus weeks ago my journey began.  God has been speaking to me for quite a while about being healthy.  I am the type of person who is all or nothing.  I have tried everything from extreme dieting to an intense exercise regime and everytime I fail.  It came to my attention that I have not started by asking my savior to guide me.  I started reading The Knowledge of the Holy by A. W. Tozer.  I must admit that I am learning so much about the Holy One.  HE is high and lifted up on his throne and I must not only think about him that way but I must visualize him sitting on his Holy seat being so bright that even a sinner such as me has no athority to approach him.  But because he gave apart of himself , precious Jesus, I can now be in constant conversation with him.  Wow, why wouldn't I want to spend every second of everyday getting to know him.  I found this hard (before) because I was lazy and didn't take the time to educate myself on who he is.  I went by what I had learned in Seminary or learned growing up.  Granted I read my bible but recently God has crossed my path with a titus 2 woman.  She is teaching me how to get to know God and how to see things through his perspective and not my emotional mess of a vision.  When we put God in the place where he belongs (on the Throne) we are relieved of ten thousand temporal problems.  The small everyday problems in which we have absolutly NO control over are lifted and only Eternity weighs heavy.  I can testify that this statment once said by Tozer is unquestionably happening in my life.  When I began to invision him as he is, what I began to notice is that I wasn't concerned about my daughter having a temper tantrum and it effecting my flow, I was more concerned about her salvation, her eternity.  I am reminded so often before I speak of this precious decision she will make one day.  Will she love the Jesus that is portrayed by her Sunday School teachers ( love them) or will she want to except the Jesus of a Momma who is angry, sad, depressed, anxious, overweight and unhealthy?  She is going to see who Jesus through her Momma.  I don't ever want to portray him as being smaller than what he is.  HE is bigger than anything and everything I could ever imagine.  I dont' even have the ability to imagine and I have to be ok with that.



Titus 2:3 -Thank you to my titus 2 woman who allowed her to be used by my precious and mighty FATHER.


2 comments:

  1. Hooray for your new blog, friend! I am so excited to read it, pray for you, rejoice with you, and stand in awe of Him alongside of you! Lots of love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah! I am pumped about this - excellent blog post by the way! I'm walking this path right by your side girl! --Jamie

    ReplyDelete