valentines

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

December 1000 Gift Challenge

This is a CHALLENGE that I am doing.  I have been reading a blog that a friend introduced me to by Ann Voscamp.  It blesses my soul to it's core everyday and takes me back to the cross. I would love for anyone who is reading this to post your gifts as well in the comment section.
I was a little late starting this so here is what I have so far below...
 
 
 
Day 3: Three gifts shining
1. My Husband who walks out the door to go to work so that I may take care of our home and children
2. My Daughter's smile when she woke up this morning
3. A friend who is fighting cancer and in her walk with the Lord is willing to get me out of my junk today I love her so much, she is a shining light for me today and everyday.
 
Day 4: Three gifts circling, crowning or crafted
1. A green wooden Christmas tree crafted of stars,
2. The desk that I sit at that was made by hand by my Husbands grandfather who now sings with Jesus.
3. The precious button Christmas trees that I watched my Mother make with my two daughters this weekend, I don't know which is better the craft or listening to the laughter and watching the joy while the were creating them."
 
Day 5: Three gifts silver
 1. the 8" long silver Christmas spike hanging in the center of our tree to remind me that the Christmas tree only foreshadows the Christ Tree which only HE could decorate.
2. The tinsel on my tree...a tradition started when I was small, only my dad and I would get to this it was our special moment. Now when I hang the tinsel, I am reminded of him.
3. The glittery snowflakes that hang all over my home."

 
Day 6: Three sweet gifts
 
1. A book from a friend entitled Humility
2. My Husbands sweet voice in the middle of the day
3.  A verse that has gotten me through the day... For even the SON of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give HIS life as a RANSOM for many.  Mark 10:45
 
Day 7-Three gifts from my Savior
1.  The grace that he gives me everyday
2.  His Truth
3.  Allowing some to experience Heaven and bring it back here to share...makes it even more real
 
 
Day 8-A gift hung held or heard
 
My husbands hands that are held when he knows  I am discouraged but doesn't say anything. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Day 9: Three gift ugly beautiful:




1. my anxiety-it causes me to depend on my Shepherd each second
2.  My 7 year old daughters mouth that is missing 5 teeth but is still so beautiful to me.
3.  The head of a glass ballerina doll that hangs on my tree, it is odd, ugly but it used to hang on the front of my tree when I was little and spin.  It was my special ornament and still is.  That makes it beautiful.








 


Day 18
3 Gifts Miraculous
1.  He loves me.
2.  He knows me.
3.  He gave himself for me.

Day 20
3 gifts angelic song
1. Wonderful Deberah Liter when she sings "Hosanna" It takes me right to the THRONE
2.My sweet Trinity singing worship songs on her own 
3. My precious Naomi's ability to turn any sentence into a song makes me feel as if I am in a Disney Movie!








No comments:

Post a Comment