valentines

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Under His Influence

I am a very influential person.  I have known this for years but have been overlooking when I turn what a person says into God's words.  I must realize that God did not create cookie cutters.  What an awesome creator he is, to make each one of us so very different.  He did not intend for all of his children to worship him in the same way.  He gives us guidelines and grace.  He speaks and moves me in ways that are not the same as someone else.  That's what makes him so astounding.  I was reminded yesterday God must not be put in a box.  What exactly does that mean?  He is not just the God of all but he is my God and I am His daughter.  If I seek him at the Cross with a humble heart the Holy Spirit WILL speak to me.  Oh what a relief.  I am also reminded that this relationship is not about me but about HIM.  Oh how wonderful he is.  He is INCOMPREHENSIBLE, He is ETERNAL, He is SELF EXISTENT, He is INFINITE, He is IMMUTABLE, HE is OMNISCIENT...and on and on and on I could fill up 100 pages and still not even touch on who God is.  That is exciting to me.  I can never stop learning about him.  That means my relationship with him should just keep growing and growing until the day I am bowing before his throne.  That I should be so blessed to even think on these things puts me in a state of awe.

No comments:

Post a Comment